Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Community Data Platforms
Community Data Platforms is on a mission to help leaders better understand and better serve their communities by leveraging commercial and public data sets, developing advanced data solutions, and delivering actionable insights to leaders’ most urgent questions.
Leaders of the largest organizations in the country admit they don’t understand communities well. It’s where they sell billions of dollars of products and develop policies that affect millions of people. And yet, they admit they make decisions based on anecdotes. While data are used for all sorts of business decisions, no one has ever aggregated multi-source data and developed an analytics team dedicated to providing clarity about communities – the places where millions of Americans live, work, and receive services.
CDP is developing the “community data” category and intends to “own” it. We believe communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence-based decision making. With a five-year goal of serving 100 communities, CDP believes it can support data-driven decision-making among governments, businesses, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes across a range of critical community functions.
Working with Community Data Platforms
Community Data Platforms is working with leaders across the country to solve problems in policy areas including healthcare, housing, and transportation. We’re looking for ambitious and resourceful people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country.
- A culture of intellectual humility and a passion for understanding the world around us (we don’t care who’s right – we care what’s right!)
- Working with driven and intellectually curious people who are experts in their fields
- A close-knit team that is devoted to a common mission
- The opportunity to be involved at a critical stage as CDP moves from “start-up” to “scale-up” with enormous potential
- Being at the forefront of the big data wave and its application to enterprise and community organization users
- Remote working environment – you set your own hours and complete your work on your own time – no micromanaging!
- Huge growth potential for correct candidate
- Competitive salary
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing and improving a growing front end user environment for a fast-paced organization. They will support various teams to create scalable solutions to answer pressing questions across multiple communities in the United States. An excellent candidate will work directly with UI/UX designers, database engineers and project managers to build web applications.
Regular activities will include participation in brainstorm sessions, collecting requirements, creating and recycling code for data analytics tools and documentation.
The successful candidate will be a strong, self-directed critical thinker. This person can take business needs and translate them into technical plans, and present them to the team. We are looking for a team member who is motivated by our mission and passionate about coding.
Interactive and communication requirements
Participating in team meetings to understand project requirements
Coordinating with project managers and product analysts to develop project delivery estimates.
Planning, documenting and carrying out front end tasks on project plans.
Mentoring colleagues and junior-level talent on best practices.
Understanding current systems and resolving issues while working with team members from around the world in different time zones
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Communicating and delegating effectively in both independent and team environments.
Technical implementation requirements
- Staying up to date on the latest and best coding strategies
- Continuous delivery best practices for code build and deployments. Present solutions at formal and informal reviews, and document the outcome
- Experience with engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, and code reviews
- Consume libraries, tools, and APIs from other teams to achieve the desired functionality
- Debugging skills with the ability to ask for help
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications
- 4+ years of experience with modern web frameworks such as React, Angular, etc.
Critical Role Competencies
- Critical Thinker with lots of intellectual curiosity. Demonstrated capabilities of thinking outside the box to solve open ended issues.
- Adaptable to parallel workflows
- Can implement unit testing and integration
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT to keep the company at the forefront of innovation.
Preferred Specific Technologies:
- React.js and node.js
- Web mapping via Mapbox, Leaflet and/or ArcGIS
- CSS and HTML design
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com